VHB™ stands for Very High Bond. 3M™ has a wide range of VHB™ tapes available for many different applications. VHB™ Tape is used in Signage, Electronics, Construction, Metal Fabrication and Transportation.
With 3M™ VHB™ Tapes, you can maintain consistency from sketch to construction, eliminating distracting and unsightly visible fasteners, like screws and bolts. These high-strength, double-sided acrylic foam tapes let you quickly and easily create a long lasting bond that actually builds strength over time. With the ability to join a variety of materials including aluminum, steel, glass, plastics and painted and powder-coated surfaces, they provide resilient bonding solutions in just about any application.
- Signage – When you eliminate the need for screws and rivets, your design can truly shine. 3M™ VHB™ Tapes enable a smooth surface with a virtually invisible bond, for a sleek, eye-catching sign that will stand up to the elements.
- Electronics – 3M™ VHB™ Tapes provide quality design flexibility while meeting the high standards of the electronics industry. They’ve been used to bond everything from high-definition television screens to moisture-sealed nautical navigational systems.
- Construction – When it comes to bonding exterior panels on high profile buildings like the Chicago O’Hare Airport and the Walt Disney Concert Hall, architects trust 3M™ VHB™ Tapes to permanently adhere one substrate to another while distributing the stress load across the entire length of the bond.
- Metal Fabrication – Boost productivity on the assembly floor with the efficiency of tape. Compared to riveting and welding, 3M™ VHB™ Tapes are easy to adopt and require no finishing. A long lasting bond is as quick and simple as applying the tape.
- Transportation – Designed for a smooth side and a durable ride, 3M™ VHB™ Tapes withstand the extreme heat and cold, vibration, moisture and UV light specialty vehicles encounter on the open road. Unlike rivets and screws, they provide a barrier sealed against any kind of weather.
Bonding product parts with precision, ease, reliability and strength requires an approach that breaks the barriers of traditional construction elements.
3M VHB Tapes open up a world of possibilities — eliminating rivets, screws, bolts and welds — and improving design construction, aesthetics and productivity.
With unmatched strength, these tapes increase the overall durability and reliability of every product bond.
Experience the strength and reliability of 3M VHB Tapes. (pdf Design Guide)
3M performs weathering tests on many of our products using the most advanced weather facilities in the world. Substrates bonded with 3M VHB Tape are subjected to artificial indoor tests and real-world outdoor tests to determine the effects of years of extreme weathering. Exposing them to extreme UV radiation, water and heat ensures your products can stand the test of time.
For more information and technical data sheets – Click Here.