Made from expanded starch, Pop Starch is a product that is compostable and biodegradable. Pop Starch is easy to handle due to it’s non-static characteristics. . Pop Starch has many environmental benefits.
Increasing awareness of issues like sustainability and waste reduction, is effecting change. Pop Starch is a product that is compostable, biodegradable, reduces waste and waste disposal costs and is sustainable.
- Pop Starch has excellent anti-shock and resilience properties which makes it suitable as void fill for the protection of fragile, sharp or pointed Items.
- It’s low density gives weight and cost savings for transport.
- It is naturally antistatic which means no time wasting cleaning up (polystyrene foam will cling to almost anything). Pop Starch is great for electronics.
- Pop Starch can be compressed to form or take on any shape to prevent product migration.
- Pop Starch is ideal for exporting to many countries which now regulate imports and packaging materials
- It won’t deflate in air shipments.
- Pop Starch has good thermal insulation properties.
- Can be sterilized with gamma rays.
- Pop Starch will not attract pests or rodents but is attractive to birds.
- Not meant for human consumption but will not harm children or pets that may come into contact with the material.
- Not suitable for wet environments like chilled products that produce condensation.
Pop Starch Environmental and Sustainability advantages:
- Made in New Zealand.
- Manufactured from sustainable renewable materials.
- Will biodegrade when exposed to any environment containing bacteria and moisture this can be aerobic or anaerobic above or below ground.
- Biodegradable time is less than cellulose (plant materials).
- Almost completely dissolves in water in hours, what is left biodegrades.
- Can be composted with organic waste including food waste to produce fertile humus in a few weeks, depending on temperature, moisture level and micro-organisms in the compost.
- Can be disposed of on the lawn or garden, or even down the toilet.
- Reusable, can be recycled through the same waste stream as cardboard and paper.
- Can be incinerated, combustion is complete with no toxic volatiles or metallic residues.
- Pop Starch is not meant to end its life in landfill in fact anywhere else is better for the environment. However if it was sent to landfill then it has completed the anaerobic biodegradability-screening test well within 60 days for test completion.
To purchase POP STARCH – Go to our website. CLICK HERE